LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Replacing Charcoal Canister 2004 GEN1

Old 06-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing Charcoal Canister 2004 GEN1

I have been having a starting problem with my truck after refueling it with gas only after getting gas the truck stumbles and dies,I can get it started by feathering the accelerator but idles roughly after which the truck runs and starts fine. No CELs lights come on,I think I may have screwed up the charcoal canister by always topping off the tank or the purge solenoid has stuck open which I think is part of the canister. Has anyone ever had this problem and did they replace the canister themselves,if so can you tell how you have replaced the canister without taking out the gas tank or removing the bed. I have another thread about this posted in the GEN1 threads but no answers Thanx if you can help.