Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2 Gen OME Install Issues?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
drab is on a distinguished road
drab's Tacoma Gallery
2 Gen OME Install Issues?

So I put my new OME suspension on the truck, along with 13mm spacers up front and Light Racing UCA's. Truck looks great, install was almost smooth.
But, now my ABS light is on, I'm fairly sure that I just screwed up one of the sensor wires, although I don't know how to figure out which one without replacing them one at a time.
The weirder one is my idle speed is now about 400 rpm, this one I really have no idea what I may have done.
I did have the battery out of the truck for 2 days (long story), but still, I can't think of how any of this would effect idle speed.
You guys got any ideas, I'm stumped.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drab View Post
So I put my new OME suspension on the truck, along with 13mm spacers up front and Light Racing UCA's. Truck looks great, install was almost smooth.
But, now my ABS light is on, I'm fairly sure that I just screwed up one of the sensor wires, although I don't know how to figure out which one without replacing them one at a time.
The weirder one is my idle speed is now about 400 rpm, this one I really have no idea what I may have done.
I did have the battery out of the truck for 2 days (long story), but still, I can't think of how any of this would effect idle speed.
You guys got any ideas, I'm stumped.
the bolded part is from the battery being out. go drive it around and it will settle back down. the reason its effects the idle speed is because u have reset the ECU of the truck.

ur abs problem is probably a messed up wire. check out the cables going to the wheels and see if u find something obvious. if not, might have to take it to dealer and let them figure it out
Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
drab's Tacoma Gallery
Well, computer finished thinking and idle speed back to normal.

Had the folks at my alignment shop run an abs scan, looks like I let that left front drop with a little too much force. First wheel I did, kinda took me by surprise.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
drab's Tacoma Gallery
I figured I should update.

All is well, I cut the plugs off the abs cable and used crimp splices on some home depot cable to put it all back together.
The fix was about 6 bucks, the part from partsgeek is $144, code went away.
I think I won.