LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

swapping transmistions? 2WD to 4WD?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
broken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
broken taco's Tacoma Gallery
swapping transmistions? 2WD to 4WD?

I had got a new transmission in my 2WD truck right before i rolled it. To replace that truck I got a 4WD truck. I want to swap out the transmissions. Since the one on my wrecked 2WD truck is new.
So my question is can the tail housing on the 2WD drive (the part connecting the transmission to the drive shaft) be taken off and the transfer case for 4WD be bolted on?
So is the transmission the same and able to be swapped out just with a little modification?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
broken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
broken taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
You would need an inchworm adapter to use a 2wd tranny with a transfer case. Not sure on the mounting points but it should bolt right up. You will need to have the driveshafts lengthened appropriately

Edit: here's the link to the adapter you would need

http://www.inchwormgear.com/collecti...er-adapter-kit
so i couldn't just do it with the parts already on both of the trucks? i don't need the 2WD truck to run. I just want to put the tranny from the 2WD into the 4WD.