Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Passenger Power Window Switch

Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Foxton is on a distinguished road
Foxton's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger Power Window Switch

1996 Tacoma passenger power Window Switch works to go down, but does not work to go up. You can roll the window up from the driver side switch.
Anyone run into this? Should i be looking at replacing the whole switch? Anything tips on going about that?
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
bass mechanic has a spectacular aura aboutbass mechanic has a spectacular aura about
bass mechanic's Tacoma Gallery
probly has a bad ground wire at the pass door switch or the switch is broken, most window switches have a ground at rest configuration, it means that when the switch is activated the power goes to the motor and finds ground back through the switch. so either you got a bad switch or bad connection to ground through that switch in that door.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Foxton is on a distinguished road
Foxton's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks - anyone have a diagram?

Thanks, anyone have a schematic to look at before I take of the handle to check it out?
I'd rather try to do it myself than pay $200 for someone else to replace a $45 part.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #4
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I have a Haynes with the schematics, but it's in the truck and i'm in my underwear so if you're still looking tomorrow gimme a shout.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 AM   #5
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Got a nieghbor with a 96 4-runner. His aft hatch window stopped working from the front switch (still worked with the key). We took apart the switch and cleaned all the corrosion. It worked like a champ after that.

It was cool that the switch could be broken down and reassembled, most small electrical items nowdays seem to be throwaway.