Notices

Condensation Drain Problem

Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #1
NH03TacomaTRD4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Doug
NH03TacomaTRD4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Condensation Drain Problem

Hi All

I have a problem where my drain is no longer draining. when I go around corners left or right the water pours out from under the dash on either side of the console. I blew my air line up in the drain which temporarily fixed the problem but not for long. Because of this I assumed there is some kind of filter that is clogged. anyone else seen this problem. want to fix myself if I can. don't have cash to bring to dealership.

any help would be appreciated. I took the glove box out but don't see ant clear way of getting into the unit.

please help
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #2

Wow I can't believe no one else has had this issue. I'm thinking that is probably not a good thing for me.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
You may have some mold or something else that is still in your evap pan. Blowing air up there may have dislodged it then it went back into the hose. I cannot think of anything else that can cause water from the evap into the passenger side floor besides a blockage of the drain.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #4

I agree hogeyphenogey question is how do I get to where the drain is and is there some chemical that can be circulated through the system to prevent it from happening in the future.

thank you for replying
Old 07-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quick "search" found that this is a common problem....drain hose is clogged;numerous ways to drain/clean it....long screwdriver or small wire BUT be careful when doing so....

My problem with self diagnosis and self-help is that it can sometimes cost more than having a quailified "tech" address the problem;;;;; one of our "Experienced drivers" took an air hose to his and blew "Shi!" all over himself and truck PLUS cost the company $erious $$$$$ for an A/C component replacement...
Old 07-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #6

Yeah giving it a quick blast with the air hose frees it up for a while, not sure if i'm causing some kind of damage that way or not.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how to get in there, but how about a vacuum on the end of the hose?
Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
A vacuum on the end of the drain would be best. then the wire 2nd. you never wanna blow air into the evap
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
hiroze is on a distinguished road

hiroze's Tacoma Gallery
I just had this problem (within the past few days). I usually try and fix things myself, but under my current circumstances I had to take it to the dealer. It turned out that the AC drain hose was clogged and causing the water/condensation to dump into the foot area of the cabin.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #10

What did the dealer charge to fix it?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
hiroze is on a distinguished road

hiroze's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH03TacomaTRD4x4 View Post
What did the dealer charge to fix it?
$47.52
Old 08-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #12
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
A small "wire snake" (with a smooth end) should do it.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
HAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HAVOC's Tacoma Gallery
You can use shop air and a blow gun but you have to be very gentle with the amount of air.