Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

" Under load / uphill " vibration

Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OK : kinda update

Found my GoPro and charged it up , tomorrow I have to drive to town so I should be able to report something back tommorow afternoon
Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Doesn't matter how old they are, if they are not torqued correctly. Check Da Torques.
Since when do you torque u-joints?
Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OK : kinda update

Found my GoPro and charged it up , tomorrow I have to drive to town so I should be able to report something back tommorow afternoon
unsubbed. Your "Tomorrow" means....Next spring.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I was thinking that very thing today when I was under my truck
Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah...I meant the U bolts. I think I was drunk.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #26

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unsubbed. Your "Tomorrow" means....Next spring.
I had unforseen circumstances , my dad fell off a ladder and bashed his head on the asphalt , you might have missed my post in the geezer thread

Don't give up on me
Old 07-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #27

Quote:
I had unforseen circumstances , my dad fell off a ladder and bashed his head on the asphalt , you might have missed my post in the geezer thread

Don't give up on me
Wow. Yeah, I missed that, and hope he is Ok. That a serious thing. Is he doing well now?
Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow. Yeah, I missed that, and hope he is Ok. That a serious thing. Is he doing well now?
Concussion , he'll live
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah...I meant the U bolts. I think I was drunk.
It happens

Quote:

Don't give up on me
Damn man, I hope he recovers quickly! I've seen some scary ladder falls on some of the sites I've worked on. Best wishes to your dad for a quick recovery Mr. OZ
Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #30

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn man, I hope he recovers quickly! I've seen some scary ladder falls on some of the sites I've worked on. Best wishes to your dad for a quick recovery Mr. OZ
Thanks , he should be OK , he's just bruised up and dealing with some pretty severe headaches , and bored because he basically can't do anything right now
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Concussion , he'll live
Quote:
Thanks , he should be OK , he's just bruised up and dealing with some pretty severe headaches , and bored because he basically can't do anything right now
Good to hear. Man.....You took a hit like that, and all your hair fell out. Sounds like he got off lucky.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #32

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to hear. Man.....You took a hit like that, and all your hair fell out. Sounds like he got off lucky.
His head looks like mine , lol
Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #33

Quote:
His head looks like mine , lol
...poor guy.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #34

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully a headache and a little down time is the worst of it! He's lucky if he hit is head on asphalt, that's not exactly soft stuff.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...poor guy.
Pretty much

any rate , like I said , gotta take the truck to the site tomorrow so if it all works out I should be able to report if the vibe is originating at the tranny mounts
Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hopefully a headache and a little down time is the worst of it! He's lucky if he hit is head on asphalt, that's not exactly soft stuff.
Exactly what the doc and neurologist said too

He was standing about 5' up and he said his foot slipped through the rungs of the ladder , which flipped him upside down landing on his melon in their driveway
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
M'kay

Rigged up the GoPro , no evidence of excessive movement in the tranny mount

I honked my horn everytime I felt the vibration so I could have a reference while watching the video playback and nothing about the tranny mount seems to stand out

I did however record an awful " dry metal " rattle noise that seemed to come and go

I'm going to have my mechanic friend watch the video and go from there

Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #39

Quote:
So , what's next to check ?
maybe its due for a fluid change?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #40
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
does it do it in 4 wheel drive..