Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2012 Tacoma A/C control in 2009 NO GO!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma A/C control in 2009 NO GO!

So I got a 2012 Tacoma A/C control unit with the all black and gloss black front panel with hopes to just pop it in and magic! A new look but it all came to a sudden end when I noticed that one of the 2 plugs for the unit if different the newer trucks have the same big white plug but the other is a much smaller plug. Well I figured I share this info before someone jumps on it like I did and No Go! Ill get pics of it later and post it up! But I did swap the knobs cause the 09 has orange and the 2012 is clear where the arrow is
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
why not just take the housings apart?
I started to take them apart but when I saw the plug was different I stopped cause I figured the circuit board was different in the past I tried to plug and play a base model unit and the temp ended up reversed so I just swapped parts. But when I get time I will split the housings and see what's under there
Old 07-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I could have told you that lol
Sucks, ill buy that 2012 panel off of you tho if you wanna sell it
Old 05-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #11
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
SO were u able to do this and make it work?
Old 05-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Green board is 2012 and brown is 2009 A/C control units
WTF the 2009 PCB looks to be about 20 years behind in technology. Wonder who used to supply this part, probably Delphi
Old 05-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #15
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have wiring diagrams?