1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icom V8000 install

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by RyanBelliston, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Jul 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    RyanBelliston

RyanBelliston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Diamond Bar
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner
    Retrofit OEMs w/ 5000K bulbs HID 4300 Fogs Fog Light Mod LED Gauge Swap (Blue/Green/White needles) -Jerez 10'' Kenwood Subwoofer 1500W Planet Audio Amp Debadged Tinted Windows Mudflap delete AFE ProDry S intake Engage front LT 8inch Kings with 2x2 King bump stops. Strapped at 16 inches Engage 4-Link rear 16inch King coil overs strapped at 22 inches Custom Engage bumpers LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome and map lights Flyzeye-Design (blue/white)
    I pick up my race radio on Tuesday. Just curious where the easiest place to install it is? I've seen alot of Tacos out there mounted it just to the right of the gear shifter. Also have seen a few just above the two cup holders in front of gear shifter. I have automatic transmission. Any other ideas? Easier to wire it one place rather than another?

Thanks guys

2. Jul 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    RyanBelliston

RyanBelliston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Diamond Bar
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner
    Retrofit OEMs w/ 5000K bulbs HID 4300 Fogs Fog Light Mod LED Gauge Swap (Blue/Green/White needles) -Jerez 10'' Kenwood Subwoofer 1500W Planet Audio Amp Debadged Tinted Windows Mudflap delete AFE ProDry S intake Engage front LT 8inch Kings with 2x2 King bump stops. Strapped at 16 inches Engage 4-Link rear 16inch King coil overs strapped at 22 inches Custom Engage bumpers LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome and map lights Flyzeye-Design (blue/white)
  3. Jul 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    skippermike

skippermike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 w/off road mods
    3" Icon lift, coilovers, reservoir r. shocks, AAL, Icon UCA, 17" Eagle wheels, extra electrical, inverter, ICOM VHF
    I have an older model ICOM installed just forward of the shifter.
    We made a little angled-up shelf, with "legs" which sit in the cupholders for support, and allows the bracket to point the radio up at an angle for easier viewing than if it were flat.
    Plenty of room forward of the back of the radio for antenna, power and remote speaker connections.
    I have a small remote speaker that sits on the back of the shifter console, velcroed to the front of the console box.
    When parked in a pit at a race, we can pull the remote speaker out and rest it above the wiper in front of the windshield - so we can listen to general traffic, and wait for our team to call in. We have an extra 6' of antenna cable which tucks in under the console, out of sight/out of the way.
    Power comes from an aux battery in back of the rear seat. Antenna exits the sliding window and up to a mag mount antenna.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top