1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Security system auto-set

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Sky King, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Aug 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    Sky King

Sky King [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Memphis, Tn
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Serious sound deadening in the cab and extensive audio system.
    I have a 2007 PreRunner, 4 door. I have not yet had this truck for one year but there are times I believe the security sets itself. Does this vehicle have a mode that if the key fob or key is removed is removed from the ignition and taken a given distance from the truck, does the system self-arm and lock the doors?

There have been times I have left the truck, gone into the house for a few minutes and returned to find the doors locked. This causes me concern as I am concerned that I may leave the keys in the vehicle, say in the seat or other location, close the door and then the truck locks itself, locking the keys in the truck.

So I wonder if the self-arm is based on the key being removed a given distance from the truck OR is it a time factor. A given time from when the key is removed from the ignition.

2. Aug 14, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    boxxed

boxxed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    I have an after market Clifford that is set to arm itself but it does not lock the doors after 30 secs..
    Not sure if the factory alarm does that. I didnt use it long enough to know.

3. Aug 14, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    First find out which make and model they installed in your truck.

4. Aug 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Sky King

Sky King [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Memphis, Tn
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Serious sound deadening in the cab and extensive audio system.
    Well I am not the origional owner. I only presume it is a factory system as the key and key fob are Toyota. If it is aftermarket, (I really don't think it is), I would not know what make and model. I have had the entire interior apart, seats, console, door panels, carpet to install the sound system and I saw no modules or devices under the dash or consoles that were not factory.

I do know the key has a chip in it as a standard copy will not start the truck, it has to be a programed key. I was thinking that the system detects the key and when it can not detect the key, it arms the system and locks the door.

5. Aug 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    YOTA LOVER

YOTA LOVER Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Tacoma DCLB SR5
    A slew of pricey stuff my wife hates me for.
    I have noticed that when I unlock the truck using the fob and then take my sweet ass time opening the door (grab an armload of stuff, check the mailbox, etc) the truck locks itself back up. Very handy for those times I'm coming out of the house with my son or an armload of stuff! Other than that, if I leave it unlocked after driving somewhere it stays unlocked.

Products Discussed in

To Top