1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help, indicator lights on, fan, ac, windows not working

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 945136, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Aug 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

945136 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD
    Help, today my abs, brake, tire pressure, and slip control light came on and the fan, ac and power windows stopped working. I checked the fuses and they seem fine. This happened as I was turning on the ac entering a car wash.

Any thoughts as to what is wrong, everything else seems to be working prefectly. It is an 09, 4WD, 4 cyl, manual tacoma with access cab and only 56k miles.

Thanks, Chris

2. Aug 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    You probably already fixed it, but Ignition 1 fuse. Did the same to me.

3. Aug 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

945136 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD
    yea, that fuse blew because the blower motor resistor failed, resistor replaced, fuse blows again. Eventually found to be air gap between compressor coil and clutch caused problem. needed new clutch assembly on ac compressor. all said and done nearly $1600! this truck is killing me, had the ac compressor replaced 6 mos ago, I think they fouled up on the install and should own this job. don't they have to take off the clutch assembly and reinstall it when replacing an ac compressor. the dealer that replaced the ac compressor is in another state and not returning calls but offered to pay $ 300. unbelievable, talking with other people i am convinced they screwed up and didn't gap the clutch correctly when putting the new ac compressor in. any thoughts?

Products Discussed in

To Top