Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Battery Wiring

Old 08-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Battery Wiring

So, currently I have my Hellas and light bar connected to my battery for power. Pretty soon it will be a CB as well. My question is, can the battery handle all this stuff (and potentially more) wired to it? Would a second battery be a good investment? Or can I just keep stacking on to the terminal?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Use an aux fuse block like the Blue Sea. Feed it with a 4ga length of wire and install a 60a marine breaker at the battery.

Stacking wires on the terminal looks horrible and makes it harder to troubleshoot when you have a problem.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I assume the light bar is LED so low power consumption and not used while driving at night. Hella's are halogen. Might be used but not that much and the CB as well. I don't see why your battery (single) can't handle all that. Maybe you can invest in a AGM if you wanted too but dual battery you would want when you plan to add more accessories like winch and etc.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
A high output alternator might be a better investment unless you can not keep your battery charged.