Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Switching from a 6 inch to 3 inch lift...HELP!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
JBS TACOMA is on a distinguished road
JBS TACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Switching from a 6 inch to 3 inch lift...HELP!

Hey everyone,

I have a 2005 toyota tacoma 4x4 and absolutely love it! I bought it back during my senior year of high school, and I still have it now as a senior at UC Berkeley. I don't plan on ever selling it.

When I bought the truck, it came with a pro-comp 6 inch lift, which was cool and is a quality lift that has not given me any trouble, but I have lately wanted to go from a 6 inch 35 inch set up, to a 3 inch coil-over lift/ 33 tire set up. The problem is, I'm not sure what steps I need to take or what parts I will need. I do not have the original cross member or anything, just the truck as it sits. If you guys could help me out, i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Switching from a 6 inch to 3 inch lift...HELP!-img_3847.jpg  
Old 08-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to have a guy rebuild your cross member. I would also find all your stock Bracing for your front diff. I would talk to nofords to see what complication he ran into.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
As far as lift kit

I would look into a icon ext travel, Fox or kings for the front.

I would also look into camburg,icon or Total chaos Upper control arms

I would check DOwnsouthmotersports.com or SDHQ.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
You will need to have a guy rebuild your cross member. I would also find all your stock Bracing for your front diff. I would talk to nofords to see what complication he ran into.
I was just about suggest this. His username is nofords08. He did this a little ways back.

His build thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...uild-page.html
Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
were you a member before? ive seen that picture somewhere.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I'd attempt to find a set of Pro Comp lift instructions, then just back your way out of them.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man sorry I'll reply to your PM when I get off work. I've been at work since yesterday pretty much lol
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
were you a member before? ive seen that picture somewhere.
Yes I was, but I don't know what happened to my account, I think I might have deleted it.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Hey man sorry I'll reply to your PM when I get off work. I've been at work since yesterday pretty much lol
Alright thanks man, I really appreciate it.