Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Electric Fan Turn on with Engine

Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Electric Fan Turn on with Engine

As the title says I want my flex a lite 678 turn on when the engine is. This fan included the controls that turned it on when the radiator was 180 degrees but after some months it stopped working. Right now I have it hooked up to a switch inside the cabin that I turn on every time I turn on the truck.

Any advice on how con I connect this so that it turns on with the engine and turn off when the engine is shut down?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

\

BUMP
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
how much power does it draw? best way IMO would be a relay that gets power when you turn the key to ACC, or run.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Just here for the bump!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just here for the bewbs
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
\

BUMP
I dont give a shit about your fan. I Wanted to see more of her. But really hope you figure out wiring up your fan.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
Just here for the bewbs
X2

I love her <3

PROOF there is a god...
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
how much power does it draw? best way IMO would be a relay that gets power when you turn the key to ACC, or run.
IT DRAWS 18A, HOW CAN I CONNECT THE RELAY?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
I dont give a shit about your fan. I Wanted to see more of her. But really hope you figure out wiring up your fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
X2

I love her <3

PROOF there is a god...
Heeeyyy calm down, she's my sister!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #10
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Weird but I like the pics that you have of yout sister.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Try not to burn the cake.

What was this thread about?

Have your relay power up with ignition on!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Dude thats kinda twisted to put up a picture of your sister to get attention in your thread. But I like the way you think.....wait if this is your sister why do you have a picture like this of her?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #13

JK
Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IT DRAWS 18A, HOW CAN I CONNECT THE RELAY?
honestly, i don't know

My understanding of how it works is, you run a small wire ("signal" wire) to the ignition (ACC. or ON wire), and the relay gets stuck on the positive wire, everything else is is the same.

when the "signal" wire gets power it operates the relay, determining when the device gets power.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Try not to burn the cake.

What was this thread about?

Have your relay power up with ignition on!
Back on topic... That's what I want to do but I don't know which cable to tab on
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #16
Drive it like a 4WD

I dont really know how relays work but wouldnt it not not be just as easy to find a blank in the fuse box or just wire it into the acc with an inline fuse? maybe?
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Fix the thermostat. You don't want the fan running full time.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
I dont really know how relays work but wouldnt it not not be just as easy to find a blank in the fuse box or just wire it into the acc with an inline fuse? maybe?
18a would be too much to pull off of the ACC circuit.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Fix the thermostat. You don't want the fan running full time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
18a would be too much to pull off of the ACC circuit.
How can I connect the fan so that it turn on when the engine is 180 with a relay?