1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC blows hot air when on cold and cold air when on hot

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ibuprofelin, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Aug 25, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    ibuprofelin

ibuprofelin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey everyone, have a bit of a predicament haha. So I have a 2008 access cab and I went to put a 2012 climate control panel in it. I had the black A33 harness already in the 2012 panel with wires attached, so all I did was cut off my old harness and solder the wires onto the new one. Everything works great, but, the AC is reversed. It blows hot when the dial is on cold and vice versa.

Following this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/259754-2012-climate-control-2011-under-tacoma.html

According to the wiring diagram, the grey wire (AC) should be in socket 16 on the new harness. However, on the 2012 harness that I have in my hands, it is in socket 13. Would moving the grey wire into socket 16 make this work? I'm really not quite sure if this would fix it, but like I said everything else works perfectly. Also, where in the world would I get a pin connector to place in the harness? Tried looking online but no dice. Is there an easy fix for doing this?

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top