Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Power Mirrors - no up and down - only left and right

Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
RegularPete is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
RegularPete's Tacoma Gallery
Power Mirrors - no up and down - only left and right

As the title states my power mirrors will only go left and right, but on the switch it looks like they should go up and down as well. I've tried to move them manually but they don't seem to budge and i don't want to force them and break something.

The switch was replaced by the dealer where i bought the truck used. I didn't realize they were not working until recently, the adjustment on them is *almost* correct.

Any advice would be appreciated! I searched the forum for answers but mostly found posts related to installing aftermarket mirrors.

Pete
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Pop out the switch and see if one or more wires was not connected.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Had that problem progressively on another truck. Turned out water got down in the switch assembly and was creating deposits, making too much resistance on the contacts. I haven't looked at the Taco switch, but you may want to pull it and give it a really good cleaning with contact cleaner (RdoShk). I kinda doubt your wires fell off.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #4
RegularPete is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
RegularPete's Tacoma Gallery
Ill try to disassemble it this weekend, it's both mirrors which does make the switch the probable suspect.

The part that confuses me is the service department at the used car dealership where I bought it put a new switch in just a month ago. We'll see if they plugged everything in. The up and down wasn't working before they replaced the switch.