Notices

30K mile service from Toyota

Old 03-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Roggs01
roggs01 will become famous soon enoughroggs01 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: MSgt
roggs01's Tacoma Gallery
Question 30K mile service from Toyota

Curious to see if anyone bought the 30K mile service pack? It says you get: oil/filter change, tire rotate, new spark plugs, and a bunch of other crap... Do you feel its worth it or is doing the oil/filter change every 3K miles enough? appreciate all the feedback.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Roggs01

roggs01's Tacoma Gallery
It a whole laundry list of things, from changing the oil to spark plugs to tire rotation.... thing is they want $279....................................
Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I got all the stuff myself. I still have about 6,000 miles to go but I heard it's pretty easy to do it yourself.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering the same thing. When they told me I needed it I asked what it intailed and they said oil change and tire rotation........ and some other stuff. I said well i'm getting my oil changed now and I have someone else do my tires. And then they started stumbling over their words saying an air filter and some other stuff. It sounded like crap to me, i'll do the air filter myself. lol
Old 03-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniór taco View Post
Do they replace the trans fluid
Just had the 30k service on Weds. the service manager said that I had something called T4 tranny fluid and that is a long life fluid. He said it didn't need to be flushed until 100k. He could be BS' ing me, I don't know. All other fluids were changed, new filters, tire rot. etc. $452.00. I had free service for 24k but those are all simple items.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniór taco View Post
Do they replace the trans fluid
He has an Automatic.... So, NO -they won't change the trans fluid.

Trans fluid on the Automatics aren't required to be changed for 100K miles or something like that.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:10 AM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
He has an Automatic.... So, NO -they won't change the trans fluid.

Trans fluid on the Automatics aren't required to be changed for 100K miles or something like that.

correct.

anyways, the 30K stuff is easy peasy lemon squezzie to do yourself if you have a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggs01 View Post
It a whole laundry list of things, from changing the oil to spark plugs to tire rotation.... thing is they want $279....................................

Scott, I can come help you with all the stuff if you'd like.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:11 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You have an 07 and the oil/filter doesn't need to be changed for 5k miles.

The oil filter & tire rotation you can do yourself. Everything else you could do yourself. It's probably things like....check brake lines, check all fluids, change air filter, check this, check that. With a little research, you can do all that yourself.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
You have an 07 and the oil/filter doesn't need to be changed for 5k miles.

The oil filter & tire rotation you can do yourself. Everything else you could do yourself. It's probably things like....check brake lines, check all fluids, change air filter, check this, check that. With a little research, you can do all that yourself.
Yeah your truck should have come with a maintenance manual and it tells you what needs to be checked and what fluids need to be changed out.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
Roggs01

roggs01's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I was thinking... Didn't want to dump all that cash w/ an ecomomy this bad... Ended up getting the Oil/filter change anyway due to a road trip coming up. Oh yeah, meant 5K, not 3, my bad. Appreciate all the help guys/gals.

Also thanks for the offer to help Brian... We'll meet up when the PHX mod day happens. Later bro
Old 03-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roggs01 View Post

Also thanks for the offer to help Brian... We'll meet up when the PHX mod day happens. Later bro

Scott, Mod day is next Saturday. (14th)
Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
Roggs01

roggs01's Tacoma Gallery
Brian, I'll be in Vegas this weekend. Taking the wifey out for some fun. Enjoy and will meet up with you later.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I got the major 30k tune up yesterday for $130. I didn’t get an engine oil change since its been done 2k ago and no engine air filter since I plan on getting a CAI soon. I asked about the tranny oil and he said they would only check and top off if needed. It doesn't need to be changed until 100k or so.

Truck feels a bit better worth $130 and not having to kill 3-4hrs of my day doing it myself.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
30k sevrice oil change, tire rotation, spark plugs, rear diff on 2wd prerunner. $200.00 at dealer.