Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Opinions on my 60k service supplies list!

Old 10-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on my 60k service supplies list!

Before I start looking online for these supplies I thought I would give the forum a post. Here is my parts list so far.

Fluids:
-5 qts. Mobil1 oil with OEM filter
-12-13 qts of Toyota ATF WS Fluid
-3 gallons of long life premix coolant
-6 qts diff fluid (prefer Mobil1 but willing to change)
-Power Steering fluid (OEM or what else is recommended?)
-Brake fluid (DOT 4) Any recommendations?

Parts:
-6 spark plugs (#90919-01235)
-Differential and T-Case washers 3x#90430-18008 and 3x#12157-10010
-Transmission washers, not sure of the part number but I believe I just need the drain and fill (check being a rubber washer)
-OEM dry air filter
-Serpentine Belt

What did I miss?

I know its a bit extensive and I might not need to change some things out but I'm going back to school and things are about to get busy for the next few years. My plans are to take care of all the maintenance to avoid any issues in the future.

Also, places to order parts and fluid from? My dealer wants a ridiculous amount for them so I was looking at eBay. Good idea or...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
tunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
tunernewb92's Tacoma Gallery
I know on my truck not all those washers are the same. The rear diff and front diff input use the same. The transaxle uses the same. But the front diff outflow washer is massive

Also I ordered all my parts from some dealership in Dallas. Cheap. Don't remember the name. I think it's the same one that runs trdparts4u.com
Old 10-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
There is absolutely no need to change the trans fluid or coolant at 60k. They are good for 100k at least. Brake fluid doesn't need to be changed either unless its super dirty.
Power steering same thing, and that uses ATF fluid.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
@Rossk- 60k has been changed to a check and service as necessary interval on the transmission. Two reasons why I am willing to pop for the trans fluid: 1) I bought the truck used with 10k on the odo and didn't know the owner or how he drove it and 2) in the last few months ive been towing more and she doesn't shift like she used to. Could be the new tires I put on but this is a peace of mind maintenance.

Brake fluid breaks down and/or gets contaminated, even if it is not black. Its a good thing to change out every year or so and its been 4 years with OEM.

I don't know much about PS fluid and it's process of breakdown/contamination. I know that it has been neglected by me in all my other vehicles so that's why I am asking.

@Robssol- I carry some spares with me on long trips and the old one was going in that bin. Its the kinda part you don't want to be without and sometimes you don't get warning.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #6

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunernewb92 View Post
I know on my truck not all those washers are the same. The rear diff and front diff input use the same. The transaxle uses the same. But the front diff outflow washer is massive

Also I ordered all my parts from some dealership in Dallas. Cheap. Don't remember the name. I think it's the same one that runs trdparts4u.com
Thanks, ill check out what I can find online. I've already done the diffs when I bought the truck and I think the rear diff and front overflow are the same (x3). The transfer case and front diff drain should be the same smaller ones (x3). Either way, those are the part numbers I used for the last change.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I concur.... I had my coolant flushed at 60k.
Also had a trans drain and fill at 60k.
The service writer kept telling me about the WS lifetime/100k bull crap, and I had to insist that I was aware of the claims but chose not to wait.

I am the second owner and bout it with 20k..... The trans fluid was def dark and ready for the drain and fill.
I don't trust any fluid to make it 100k

Also agree with the brake fluid.... It is hydroscopic and is a good idea to have it flushed periodically.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
jimgrms will become famous soon enoughjimgrms will become famous soon enough
Navy: EMC  ret
jimgrms's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just go to the nearest napa or other parts store, you won,t save after paying shipping ?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #9

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgrms View Post
Why not just go to the nearest napa or other parts store, you won,t save after paying shipping ?
I probably will for the plugs, diff/brake/PS fluid but the rest I want to go OEM.