Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

OBA -> On Board Air Mega Thread & BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #322
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Parts list looks solid. My compressors don't have an unloading valve to my knowledge. Will look again though.

Unless the check valve is the same thing.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #323
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Parts list looks solid. My compressors don't have an unloading valve to my knowledge. Will look again though.

Unless the check valve is the same thing.
The unloader is probably not necessary but It should make my cheap compressor last longer. Now I just gotta find the right combination adapters to make this work.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #324
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Walk into Home Depot with your stuff and sit in the Plumbing section. Start opening all the Watts fittings to make sure everything fits. Collect your pile of stuff, pay and done! Oh, and order the Loctite 545 for yourself.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #325
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
The unloader is probably not necessary but It should make my cheap compressor last longer. Now I just gotta find the right combination adapters to make this work.
Don't forget a check valve for the tank.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #326
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Or find a place in your area that specializes in oil, air or semi truck parts. I went to a place called "Williams oil filter". They had a huge stock of fittings and the guys there were very knowledgeable.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #327
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Walk into Home Depot with your stuff and sit in the Plumbing section. Start opening all the Watts fittings to make sure everything fits. Collect your pile of stuff, pay and done! Oh, and order the Loctite 545 for yourself.
That's the plan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Don't forget a check valve for the tank.
No tank right now, but when I get one i'll keep it in mind.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #328
LRGRNR

My local Home Depot and lowes are very lacking in brass fittings. Maybe 2 different T's and no crosses. Also this dang compressor fitting is a weird ass size.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #329
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
My local Home Depot and lowes are very lacking in brass fittings. Maybe 2 different T's and no crosses. Also this dang compressor fitting is a weird ass size.
You could try Fittings & Adapters.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #330
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
When are you local again>? I could hook you up when you are near. Get it all taken care of in a hurry.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #331
LRGRNR

Quote:
When are you local again>? I could hook you up when you are near. Get it all taken care of in a hurry.
I'm not sure yet but I'll let you know when I do. I think I need a metric fitting. The 1/4 pipe thread (not tapered) and the 1/4 NPT are both slightly too large.
Perhaps this http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PA...P-4-M112&Wtky=

Can you guys help me find a source for this or any other 1/4npt female to m12 male adapter. The only ones I've found are $18 dollars after shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
You could try Fittings & Adapters.
Thanks
Old 07-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #332
LRGRNR

Which pressure switch should I get. I think I remember reading ARB lockers liked the 85psi one. I don't have lockers yet but want one later. Right now Tire fills is all I will be doing.

http://www.viaircorp.com/pswitchrelay.html
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #333
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Don't worry about low psi switches. That's what regulators and solenoids are for. Get something similar to what your pump or rated at.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #335
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I cut mine open and disassembled the whole thing. Took the Relay out, and removed the pressure switch.

Ran wire up to the engine bay to my RFRM, have it relayed and fused in there. Grounded near the compressors.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #337
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
After the last wheeling trip, I though my Viair 450C compressor was done for. There was power going to the compressor from the pressure switch, but no movement.

But check this, I switched the + and -, so I hooked up the black wire to power, and grounded the red wire, and it started to work in reverse. Then hooked it back up the proper way and it started to work properly! It's like it seized up, and needed to go in reverse for a sec, then started to work fine. Weird eh?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #338
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Debris might have gotten in there. Or moisture but you're right it sounds like it seized up
Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #340

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man! That sucks.

Products Discussed in this Thread