Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP truck won't start

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Question HELP truck won't start

I added some back up lights to my new bumper seemed like a breeze. I never disconnected the battery. checked the lights all good. went to start the truck and it acts like the battery is dead,it isn't, when I did manage to start it by giving extra throttle the hazards were flashing, I killed it removed the key from the ignition and the alarm started going off. now it's not starting at all. obviously not a dead battery seems like a security thing. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ID LOVE TO HEAR THEM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Need more detail.

How did you wire the lights? Are they tapped into your reverse light circuit, or did you wire them from somewhere else with a relay and a switch in the cab?

Trace your connections and tell us where each new wire for the lights is connected to the truck.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
try disconnecting battery than reconnect after a few minutes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys I got it working. I left it disconnected for 30 mins and put a brand new ever start maxx in. I left my aux lights unhooked just in case.its running like a champ no alarm funny business. As for the bumper lights I went direct to the battery through a switch all connections were good ill mess with it again this weekend when I can. thanks again