Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How To: unlock all doors one click.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #61
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
I'm male and I live in the USA! I can't help that I love gadgets! I'm guessing guys form other COO's have the same affliction.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #62
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koditten View Post
I'm male and I live in the USA! I can't help that I love gadgets! I'm guessing guys form other COO's have the same affliction.

What do you mean " guy form other COO's " ?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #63
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BC is British Columbia. No? Canada is part of Amarica, but is not The USA. No?

Your COO (country of origin) is Canada, No?

This will be the only time I explain myself. If I offended you, I apologize.

As near as I can tell, it almost feels like you are trying to "troll" a response out of me to justify wanting to make changes to my vehicle. I truly hope I am mistaken. 20k in 1 line posts doesn't really impress me much, but I do go out of my way not to offend.

Lets continue with our regular scheduled program.

Kirk
Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #64

Sorry, I reread my post, I meant to say "guys FROM other COO's, not FORM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #65
Smashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Smashing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit, I forgot to post the link, lets try again.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Newest-...1f5899&vxp=mtr

Anyone else use this? Does something like this have the ability to screw things up?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #66

Go over to the TundraTalk.net site and find the thread that is devoted to it. Be warned: there is a boat load of reading you will need to do.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #67
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

As near as I can tell, it almost feels like you are trying to "troll" a response out of me to justify wanting to make changes to my vehicle. I truly hope I am mistaken. 20k in 1 line posts doesn't really impress me much, but I do go out of my way not to offend.

Kirk

I don't care what other people do to their own trucks , and you didn't offend me or my COO

This will be the only time I explain myself
Old 01-15-2014, 06:47 PM   #68
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Thing is, if it were easy to choose whether one click unlocked all doors or just the driver's door, I would bet most would choose all doors.

Don't know what Toyota is thinking on this.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
Thing is, if it were easy to choose whether one click unlocked all doors or just the driver's door, I would bet most would choose all doors.

Don't know what Toyota is thinking on this.
Safety.

The reason I was told is not to let anyone else the capability to get in the vehicle while you are entering.
Imagine in a parking lot with your wife alone going to the truck. Someone is hiding on the pas side of the truck. She unlocks the truck and let's the other person have the ability to just open the door and jump in. A double click for all doors assures no surprises as her door is the only one that will open.
Makes great sense in these times and is a great feature.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #70
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Still confused why it's such a big deal to push the button twice
This^
Old 01-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #71
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
Here is what frustrates me about it.

I park in my garage and leave the keys in the ignition all the time.

If i didn't either double click the key fob the last time I locked the door or remember to unlock the door when I get out of the truck in the garage, then the passenger side door is locked.

I often need to get into the truck when it is in the garage - either to get something, put something in, or even get out the six pack I just bought that is sitting on the passenger side floor. The passenger door is in the open area of the garage and easier to get to.

Ok, so I go to the passenger door, and shit. It is locked. Now I have to walk back over to the driver door, squeezing past the toolbox in front of the truck and squeezing between the shelves and the truck, open it, push the button, close it walk back to the passenger door.

Much eaiser if both doors just unlocked when I got in the truck to begin with.

Why not just back in to make it easier to access your driver side?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #73
FFMast is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Sean
FFMast's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt work for my '08 Double cab 6speed 4x4. Factory alarm.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #74
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
Why not just back in to make it easier to access your driver side?
Driveway configuration makes that a PIA.

It isn't a huge deal, really. I am gettng better at remembering to double click the remote, but still forget sometimes.

And it would just be nice to easily choose which way you want it to operate.

My wife never drives my truck because it is a manual and she can't drive it, so no concerns about someone jumping from the passenger side.

With all the sometimes minuscule stuff people mod on these trucks to get them how they like them, I don't see where people are so defensive about this issue.

If you all don't mind double click to unlock, fine, i couldn't give a ff. Obviously, quite a few agree with me as you look through the thread and see all the people that wanted to change it. Probably 50x that would do it if it worked this easily.

I do know that next time I buy a vehicle, I will be negotiating getting all the configurable stuff done to my liking after I negotiate the price and before I sign the deal.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #75
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Understandable, I was just curious. I didn't understand the need for the double click until this thread. But I get it now. Safety for the driver. Actually I kind of would like this but not. My after market remote start FOB doesn't work as well as the Toyota FOB. Double clicking takes a finesse, that I still haven't mastered a year later.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #77
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Kirk

lol, Instead of 'Tread Lightly', OZ likes to 'Troll Lightly' Don't be offended, because of internet anonymity, he doesn't know you, or really care who you are.

Neither do I.

All that I know, is that you are a member of TW, I respect that, and I hope we can all get along, with minimal sand left in the vaginal region, sometimes know as "sandy vagina" were I come from.

I also call from BC sir.

And OZ .... #firstworldproblems ....
Old 01-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #78

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How To: unlock all doors one click.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #79

Old 01-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #80
Nostunknivek is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
Nostunknivek's Tacoma Gallery
We gotta set up a Vancouver island/gulf island meet. You sound pretty entertaining, OZ. #likeminded