Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How To: unlock all doors one click.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
How To: unlock all doors one click.

I really like when all of my doors open without having press the button twice. I have a 2011 double cab with the dealer "carr" alarm.

With the truck running in park.
Press the door lock button on the driver door.
Press the door unlock button on the driver door twice.

Done.

To test. Turn off truck. Lock door with remote. Then press unlock with the remote. All doors should unlock at the same time.

Please post up if this works for your year and cab model. Also please specify if it has a dealer alarm or not.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I really like when all of my doors open without having press the button twice. I have a 2011 double cab with the dealer "carr" alarm.

With the truck running in park.
Press the door lock button on the driver door.
Press the door unlock button on the driver door twice.

Done.

To test. Turn off truck. Lock door with remote. Then press unlock with the remote. All doors should unlock at the same time.

Please post up if this works for your year and cab model. Also please specify if it has a dealer alarm or not.
2013 Toyota Prerunner Double cab w/alarm I parked my truck with the engine running and pressed the lock button my driver door then unlock button on the driver door twice then turned it off go out closed the door and locked it with the remote. then unlocked it with one push boom! thanks I had no idea thats what you had to do!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
2013 Toyota Prerunner Double cab w/alarm I parked my truck with the engine running and pressed the lock button my driver door then unlock button on the driver door twice then turned it off go out closed the door and locked it with the remote. then unlocked it with one push boom! thanks I had no idea thats what you had to do!
Awesome! I discovered it when I was acting like a kid and playing with the locks like I was 12. Lol
Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
DirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN Retired
Name: Terry
DirtEater's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't work for me. The door lock button just above the door handle is not something that you 'push' but rather flip to lock or unlock.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Onion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the roughOnion27 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jason
Onion27's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Sub - trying this tonight. Although I don't have an alarm.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallhertaco11 View Post
Question is...How do you change it back?
Press the lock twice in a row.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Same model as you and did not work
Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Same model as you and did not work
Do you have an alarm? If so which one?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Does not work on my 2011 AC no alarm 6 spd.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
2009 with alarm/immobilizer and it did not work.

My manual mentions taking it to the dealer to customize the settings, but does not list "single press unlock" as one of the options that can be customized.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is good if your tailgate isn't wired with a POP & LOCK. I actually like not having it open all doors, because I have my tailgate wired to open the tailgate on the second push. I was worried it would wear out, if it opened every time I unlocked the truck.
Great find though.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #15
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Manual Trans. Not a "Put it in park" option. I tried anyway like a fool and it didn't work. Kinda felt like i was "Snipe" hunting. hahaha
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Did not work. Snipe hunt it is.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Do you have an alarm? If so which one?
No alarm. Engine immobilizer only.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't work for me. 2011 DCSB, factor keyless entry do-dad.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #20
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
interested in this, will have to try in morning