1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fix for baby suction cups for radar detector mount

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by spieler, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Nov 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    spieler

spieler [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jonesborough, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 white DCSB SR5 4x4
    3" Lift kit/265 Duratracs/SCS Stealth 6 matte black wheels, OEM White grille switcheroo, TRD skid derped white, CSjumper drtl map dome parking lights fog light bulbs, Lifetime LED headlights, **Reverse light mod, Foglight anytime Mod, Trimmed mudflaps, Fully Debadged, 3rd brake light cover by well...me, Liquid Innovations black carbon dipped front emblem, G-Tek Fab diamond plate white door sill protectors, SOS Bolt-on Sliders bedlined, MattGecko rear window security bar, Hardwired Radar Detector w/custom sucker mount, Horse Stall Bed Mat, Audiocontrol LC2i with custom mount ACR-1 remote, Custom sub box behind drivers rear seat, Mag light holder behind seat, Center console organizer , Passenger seatbelt flapper fix, Tailgate anti-theft Mod, Bed storage Locks Mod, hygieneboy ghetto gutter grille guard
    So my Bel Radar detector constantly falls off the windshield with temp changes, and yes I bought new cups, made sure windshield was clean, etc etc. Anyway I have seen all the cool new mirror relocate mounts with the ram ball mounts but I just haven't felt like pulling the trigger on it....but I DID buy this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251370222843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and chop the neck off of it and put two screws through the stock Bel mount minus the suction cups and voila...perfect placement and its a locking suction cup so that bitch aint moving!!

I have a hard wire cord for it that just runs up the A-piller and over under the headliner. Easy peasy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top