LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Enable Factory Alarm...

Old 11-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
Enable Factory Alarm...

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2012 Dbl Cab and was told by the service techs it has a Factory alarm however it doesn't seem to work, they even said that the increased the sensitivity setting from 2 to 4 on the shock sensor, so when I got home, I locked the truck with my factory fob, stood in the bed of my truck and jumped up and down several times like an idiot and nothing... no horn or lights flashing. Also when I lock it with the fob (with the window down) I'll reach in and unlock/open the door and again, nothing? When I explained this to the service advisor at the dealership, he told me that the alarm will sound the horn if someone forces the door open without unlocking it (unlocking the door will turn off the alarm), so I'm guessing someone has to literally rip the door off to get the horn the alarm to sound???

Is this how the factory alarm really works or has it been disabled? Do I have to have a tech connect a computer to the main harness and enabled on the main computer?

Thanks...
Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3033707
Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
WillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWillRunner05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

WillRunner05's Tacoma Gallery
I checked out the thread but not much info...
Old 11-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If the information isn't in your owners manual, I would go back to the dealer and request (aka demand) an owners manual or instruction sheet for the alarm.

And....tell the guy at the shop..."Can you please demonstrate to me how to 'set it off'?? Because I can't get it to go off and I want to see it go off to make sure its working properly" - Or something like that.