1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Over Night Axle Wrap?? Rear u-bolts Tampered with???

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Jbuds, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Nov 27, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    Jbuds

Jbuds [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tujunga, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road, V6,
    K&N Air Filter,
    Ok, this is my first post so be gentle Guy's! I have an 07' double cab, prerunner SR5, V6 off road package 105,000+ moles. Now I have always heard a thump when I release the brake pedal since I bought it with 7 miles on it. I drove it yesterday and it had the same small thump when I release the pedal.. Now today i went to leave and pulling out of my parking spot when i released the brake it was ten times worse! i asked my neighbor to drive " let off the brake, apply the brake" while I looked. To my amazement my entire rear diff axle housing was moving in the same rotation as the tires spin!! I am all the way stock on the suspension, but also have a Psycho neighbor that likes to Key people cars for parking on the street in front of his place!! Any ideas on overnight axle wrap??? Torque specs on u-bolts?? and if it is u-bolts, then whats the process to allign the rear end to it's factory settings??

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    JLee50

JLee50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    Stockish 99 4x4 TRD
    ToyTec coilovers
    If you can see stuff moving around, it shouldn't be too hard to find out what's loose. Jack up the back of the truck and set it down on jackstands - then wiggle everything and see what moves that shouldn't.

Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top