Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How To: Spark Plug Change (1 GR-FE)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #22
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work on everything chris
Old 03-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #23
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I like the electrical tape on the extension and plug socket. Those can be a bitch to get out if they fall off.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #24
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Im bout to do my 60k service... Also planning on doing Seafoam... should i do the seafoam THEN change the plugs? I figured that would be the way to do it??
Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
Nice, I like the electrical tape on the extension and plug socket. Those can be a bitch to get out if they fall off.
Glad someone caught that! I had an extension come apart one time, and after that, I started useing electrical tape to hold them together.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #26
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Im bout to do my 60k service... Also planning on doing Seafoam... should i do the seafoam THEN change the plugs? I figured that would be the way to do it??
60K may be to early to consider Seafoam. Many people use it with good results. I havent ever used it. Never needed to. If your truck is running fine, or if you belive it would be a good measure to run the Seafoam, then do it before you change the plugs.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
Maybe Rich could post up about seafoaming I think he may have just did his. Also nice right up Chris, I think alot of people will find this helpful. I guess I could be more helpful on here but I always seem to do things at the last minute, so no time for a pictorial! Nice touch with the temflex holding your socket on, been doing that for years.
Thanks! I have the same issue, in that I just tend to do something and forget to take any pics or do a write up. I wasnt due for a plug change, but I was close enough that I just figured, since so many people are getting close, I would do a write up. FWIW, Its MUCH more difficult trying to do something and take pics at the same time..
Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #28
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I added this to the index in the technical section.

Good job Chris.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I added this to the index in the technical section.

Good job Chris.
Thanks, Robert!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #30

Quote:
How many miles on your truck? I changed mine out @ 35K also did both diffs, trans, TC and Rad...The full monty..
I have about 27K on mine. Not gonna touch my Auto until around 50K or so. I may see how the fluid is doing, and then decide from there. I change my filters every 10K or so, as its a dust bowl here. Same with the diff fluid. I change it around 10K because Im dropping it in the water all the time when launching my boat.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Na, I'm not mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles...
Dont matter, You have a buddy that is.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #34
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont matter, You have a buddy that is.

Quote:
He makes a good point and, you get some learning!
Indeed.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Good yob mang, good yob
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
Good detail!!
Ty!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #37
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
awesome chris. i'm doing mine this weekend. rep 4 you
Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
awesome chris. i'm doing mine this weekend. rep 4 you
Old 03-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #39
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Its tight, But take your time...
thats what she said
Old 03-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
Its tight, But take your time...
thats what she said

Products Discussed in this Thread