1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck doing some weird shifting things

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by memario1214, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Dec 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Well, I usually can diagnose many issues on my own, but this one has got me stumped.

1.First thing I noticed was the shifting issues. I pull a small hill when I turn onto the highway. I generally reach the speed I want by the time I make it to the top of the hill and am in 4th. When I crest the hill and ease off of the throttle the truck doesn't just go into OD like it normally would. It holds the RPMs there for a bit and then gives a quick 300 RPM blip before shifting. Really odd... It also has happened on flat ground merging onto the interstate, but it happes on this hill every time.

2.Second thing is that the truck is getting increasingly difficult to start. Usually turns over after a couple cranks, now it is more like 7 before it catches.

3.Lastly the mileage is just garbage... The truck seems to run alright on the interstate, but it seems to pretty much always want to be in boost, or at least 0, even though I am not trying to accelerate. That being said the truck never really takes a load off and cruising I see like 14 tops.

I checked the 3 vacuum hoses that go to the drivers side of the S/C and really don't know where else to check although something tells me that it is a vacuum issue. Cleaned the MAF and the air filter mainly just because it needed to be done anyway, didn't help. Any thoughts?

Products Discussed in

To Top