1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Tacoma 4x4 Questions Squeaky Suspension and Beep when locking doors with remote

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Tacoma 2008 KW, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Dec 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    Tacoma 2008 KW

Tacoma 2008 KW [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KW
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2008
    I have two questions.

1) Does anyone have a cure for squeaky suspension in the rear end? I have changed the shocks, but it appears to be a leaf spring issue - any recommendations?

2) Did the 2008 Tacoma come with a chime when you lock the door with the remote lock? Lights flash, but no 'cherp'

2. Jan 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    yamanine

yamanine Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Dbl Cab White/black wheels
    LED bed/hood lights, anthracite grey powder coated wheels,
    There has been NUMEROUS threads on the squeaky suspension. I'll tell you what worked for me. I put a jack underneath the receiver hitch and took it up just enough to take the weight off the leaf springs. Next I loosened the bolts on the leaf spring clamps. Only loosen them, don't take them out all the way. Next I drove a pry bar between each spring. Just enough to give me a gap big enough to squirt a bunch of Black RTV Silicone in there. Basically what you wanna do is cover that spring with a bunch of silicone between each spring. This is where your squeak comes from. Those leaf springs move slide around on each other, just enough to cause a squeak. Get a bunch in there so the entire surface is covered. Don't worry about the mess or getting too much in there, because when you tighten the clamps back up and let the jack down, the excess will squeeze out. Wipe it all down good with a rag, and let it sit for a while. Maybe like an hour. Mine has lasted 3 years, with no more squeak. I've read where others have used a bicycle inner tube in place of the silicone. It's really an easy fix.

Products Discussed in

To Top