1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver Door Lock issues

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Mr. Biscuits, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Dec 9, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits [OP] gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    so first of all, I did absolutely nothing out of the norm and am completely baffled.

I washed my truck today (in 40° weather....cuz we all make sacrifices for our trucks) and after an extensive scrub of the entire thing I parked it, locked it, and admired it slowly as I walked backward (you know you do it too).

came back a few hours later to take her for a spin only to find my driver door lock to be completely locked up (no pun intended). I ran around to the passenger side and wa-la, unlocked both doors perfect as always. as soon as I got inside I checked the button, it unlocks and locks just fine. the little lock toggle even pulls up and pushes down manually without any issue, just the exterior lock malfunctioning.

so has anyone else had the lock go bad like this? is it common in first gens? anything i might have accidentally done that triggered a lock up? any quick TW tips or tricks? I assume if I get a new lock I'll have to get a new key.

Products Discussed in

To Top