1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed lighting project ideas

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Hardcorehehaw, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Mar 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw [OP] 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    Whats up guys, I wanted to add some LED rope lights to my bed like piercedtiger did here:
    DSCF1259_f806a39e8c1579d518b62bef28a8bfa2b87695eb.jpg

I have a folding tonneau cover and I often need to access my stuff in the dark and it's really hard to see. So I want to put some lights in there but I'd like them to come on automatically so I don't have to manually hit a switch.
    I was thinking about using a door pin switch but I can't find one that is practical for my application since they are meant to be used in-line and the cover practically sets on the inisde of the bed rails. I would prefer to not have to fabricate a bracket for the switch.

Does anyone know of an offset type of door pin switch?

Could I maybe wire it with my dome lights so the bed lights would come on whenever the doors were open or I hit the unlock button on the key fob?

Products Discussed in

To Top