Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Bed lighting project ideas

Old 03-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Bed lighting project ideas

Whats up guys, I wanted to add some LED rope lights to my bed like piercedtiger did here:

I have a folding tonneau cover and I often need to access my stuff in the dark and it's really hard to see. So I want to put some lights in there but I'd like them to come on automatically so I don't have to manually hit a switch.
I was thinking about using a door pin switch but I can't find one that is practical for my application since they are meant to be used in-line and the cover practically sets on the inisde of the bed rails. I would prefer to not have to fabricate a bracket for the switch.

Does anyone know of an offset type of door pin switch?

Could I maybe wire it with my dome lights so the bed lights would come on whenever the doors were open or I hit the unlock button on the key fob?