Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Tire pressue sensor light ???

Old 03-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
yotapainter is on a distinguished road

yotapainter's Tacoma Gallery
Tire pressue sensor light ???

Ok, Here is the deal. I just picked up this truck and it has tundra wheels on it w/o the tire pressure sensors and the light keeps flashing, is there a way to disable it ?? Without tearing the dash apart?? What shold I expect to pay for 4 used sensors, will I be able to find any???

Thanks for all the help on a great fourm you guys have here...I am learning allot.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
yotapainter is on a distinguished road

yotapainter's Tacoma Gallery
Ok...Before I get into too much trouble, I did a search and unpluged the TPMS ECU but the light is now solid on, will it take a few key cycles for it go out???

Thanks again
Old 04-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
Manchu is on a distinguished road

Army: Scouts HHC 2nd battalion 9th Reg,  7Inf.
Name: Steve
Manchu's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem, light flashed for about a minute and then stayed on. Do I just inflate the tires and then reset the sensor?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
kj6cm59 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Small boat operator
kj6cm59's Tacoma Gallery
Check your spare tire air pressure!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchu View Post
I have the same problem, light flashed for about a minute and then stayed on. Do I just inflate the tires and then reset the sensor?
Flashing means there is at least one broken sensor. You would need to get it diagnosed (only way I know to do that is go to the dealer) and then repaired.