Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

strange thing happend

Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
azzurri is on a distinguished road
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
strange thing happend

hi anyone know what's wrong here all of a sudden there is a vibration in my steering wheel it's fine till you reach 40 mph?
Any thoughts
Old 03-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What kid of truck?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
SMSgt / 2W091
El Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: IYAAYAS
Name: Beelzebub
El Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
I believe Toyota knows there is a problem with steering between 40 and 60 miles per hour. There might be a TSB for it but I wouldn't know for sure since I drive a PowerWagon.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that the most likely cause is something amiss with your wheels / tires.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing you could do that doesn't cost anything....Is rotate your tires and see if the *feel* of the vibration changes. If the steering wheel doesn't vibrate as much, then chances are....one of your wheels/tires is out of balance.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I'm guessing you lost a wheel weight. Go get your wheels balanced...
x2
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
sportee is on a distinguished road
sportee's Tacoma Gallery
...I got the same thing...

...feel a vibration when I hit about 50mph and gets worse up to about 70...

...I assume it is a thrown wheel wieght...Ive been planning to rotate tires and see what happens...havent got to it yet. Maybe this weekend I have read about a quick cheep mod for the drive train vibration...

...but I think im going to do the carrier bearing mod too. This should help with the drivetrain vibration at about 25mph...
Old 03-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
azzurri is on a distinguished road
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
well i had the small vibration it was the wheel weights but my big problem with the heavy vibration was mudclay and rocks logged in the wheel it self. so after you go mudding spray the wheels good get right in there and power wash the sob outta it