Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Scheduled Maintenance (2nd gen) - 30,000 - 60,000 - 90,000 miles

Old 02-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #101
mike mudry is just really nicemike mudry is just really nicemike mudry is just really nicemike mudry is just really nice
mike mudry's Tacoma Gallery
Just completed this and included MAF, throttle body, plugs, air and cabin filter, driveline lube and torque, transfer case, and both difs. It feels good to do this myself and save the cash. I appreciate the knowledge gained via TW and this thread. The only thing I found hard was the left drivers side plug. Getting the wire off was difficult.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #102
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #103
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Subx
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #104
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
nice. Definitely subbed
Old 03-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #105
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery
ok. noob question:

1.Can someone snap a pic of the actual bolts needed to tighten for the properler shaft? I know the diagram shows me the part, but it would be nice to know that I am looking at the right thing...

2.My truck is about to hit 70K. I did the diff and trans fluid at 40k.
Should I be doing this again?

3. Radiator flush? yay or nay?

I will be doing-
MAF/Throttle
Tire rotation
plugs
upgrading my brakes with new rotors/lines and new rear drums/shoes.

this month soon...

Thank you.!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 AM   #106
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot808 View Post
ok. noob question:

1.Can someone snap a pic of the actual bolts needed to tighten for the properler shaft? I know the diagram shows me the part, but it would be nice to know that I am looking at the right thing...

2.My truck is about to hit 70K. I did the diff and trans fluid at 40k.
Should I be doing this again?

3. Radiator flush? yay or nay?

I will be doing-
MAF/Throttle
Tire rotation
plugs
upgrading my brakes with new rotors/lines and new rear drums/shoes.

this month soon...

Thank you.!
1. Can't help you with this - no pics...but someone should come along shortly...
2. Differential - yes; Trans every 60K - since you did that at 40K, do that again at 100K
3. IIRC, the radiator is to be done at 100K unless it has issues.

Why are you upgrading the rear shoes? The stock one work great and don't need replacing until well over 100K...
Old 04-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #108
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
Can anyone point the grease Zerks on the 4x4? Im lost to were i need to grease
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #109
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMara View Post
Can anyone point the grease Zerks on the 4x4? Im lost to were i need to grease
There are two on the front drive shaft. One at the front of the shaft and one at the rear. You may need to remove the little heat shield to get to the rear zerk. There are three more on the rear drive shaft. One at the front, one at the middle, and one at the end of the shaft. Move the truck forward or reverse to set them at an easy angle to get to them with the grease gun.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #110
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #111
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The driveshaft on my 2008 DCSB doesn't have zerk fittings...
Any ideas?
Possibly the driveshaft was replaced?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #112
Thelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to allThelgord is a name known to all
Army: 4ID
Thelgord's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 09-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #113
Toceans is on a distinguished road
Toceans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
90K service next weekend. I have never had any complaints on how my truck runs, but I bought it with just a bit over 60K and I have always been leery that they may not have had the 60K service done. Either way, it has made it this long and now I'm going to make certain that the 90K and a few other services are taken care of. Just bookmarked all the applicable how-to stickies and ordering parts and fluids this evening after work. I will most likely take the obligatory pics and post some sort of "look what I did" post with little to no benefit to anyone except my own ego, but hey that's what half of TW is all about. Wish me luck.
You said it brother, hope it went well
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #114
Asian RedNeck

BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
There are two on the front drive shaft. One at the front of the shaft and one at the rear. You may need to remove the little heat shield to get to the rear zerk. There are three more on the rear drive shaft. One at the front, one at the middle, and one at the end of the shaft. Move the truck forward or reverse to set them at an easy angle to get to them with the grease gun.
So all the zerk fittings are at each universal joint