1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Airbag light

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by amcorley, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    amcorley

amcorley [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hill AFB
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner SR5 Sport
    Running boards, BOSS audio system with backup cam, nav, dvd, and bluetooth
    My airbag light is on... I bought this used from a dealer 4 days ago (I saw the light when I test drove and thought it was standard, telling me the air bag was on, but I checked the owners manual and it says it should be on for about 6 seconds when you start the vehicle but should turn off) so I find it hard to believe that there is an issue the the airbag itself and want to know if this could be caused by a blown fuze. Not sure if its related, but my temp/compass display doesnt work either. It doesnt turn on. Same fuze?

06 tacoma double cab, SR5 Sport.

2. Jan 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    The airbag light could be a number of different reason. If it is on and you just bought it, take it back and make them fix it. Have them double check that the spiral cable recall has been completed as this is a very typical reason for our airbag lights to come on. Main thing is, if the light is on, the airbag system is currently disabled due to there being a fault detected.

As for the temp/compass display, that's another typical issue with these trucks, maybe try to get them to replace it, but if not, look through the B/S/T section on here, they are sold on here from time to time (I actually just sold one today) or consider looking up the very easy DIY repair listed on this forum. Hopefully some of this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top