1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PKALL / Viper 5704 Question(s)

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Bink, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jan 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    Bink

Bink [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB SR5
    Hey All,

2010 DoubleCab 4x4 V6 SR5

I installed a viper 5704 with a PKALL this past weekend. It worked great for the first day. Then it just stopped working when I actually needed it the next morning. Ive since taken it all back out from under the dash / steering column and triple checked everything and tested all the connections with my meter and all is good(I soldered everything).

My first question concerns the PKALL. As soon as I open the door the truck starts beeping like a key is in the ignition. It doesnt do it with the door closed. For the day that the system worked I dont remember it beeping like that. Is that normal? (The truck doesnt remote start whether the key is in the ignition or not). I can sucessfully go thru the learn / program routine.

My second question is the remote start sequence. Im of course using a relay for the second starter as well as the starter kill option. When the system goes to remote start the second relay never fires and I also never see the voltage for the first starter go to 12V (I verified that the relay is good). I see both of the ignition wires goto 12V for a short time. The accessories (blower) fire up as well. Would you suspect that the unit just fried itself in some way. I am using diodes in the circuits that could back feed the unit (door locks and relay coil). For the day it worked, i was letting it get the tach signal from the D2D. Ive also now tried virtual tach and using the tachometer wire (which it sucessfully learns the tach signal). Im lost at what to test next.

I am not using the door trigger wire if that matters...just the dome light wire. It does sense if the doors open since I am able to program it.

any suggestions on what you would test / check?

This is the 3rd remote start Ive installed. First with a immobilizer bypass.

Products Discussed in

To Top