Notices

Someone help!!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Albertataco89 is on a distinguished road
Royal Canadian Air Force:
Name: Joey
Albertataco89's Tacoma Gallery
Someone help!!

Hi there, I bought a Kenwood DNX9990HD DVD navigation unit about 7 months ago brand new out of the box from audio design here in fort mcmurray Alberta canada, anyways I had them install it professionally but they were unable to connect the back up camera because of the way it was wired in my truck. I have wired my back up camera to the head unit now and the camera works and looks great, I have one issue.. The camera will only stay on for 30 seconds once out into reverse then just shuts off and te screen goes blank, if I unplug the RCA cable for the camera and plug it back in the picture comes back but only for 30 more seconds.. I tried taking it out of reverse and putting it in neutral and into first gear and then back to reverse but the picture doesn't come back. I have to turn off the truck and then try the camera and it works after that but for only 30 seconds.. If I remote start my truck and get in and put it in reverse there is no picture at all because the truck has been running for more that a minute or so unless I unplug the RCA cable and plug it back in.. I have read online that other people have had this issue and was wondering if you guys have a solution on what I can do, it would be much appreciated .. The head unit is installed in a 2009 Toyota tacoma and I am using the stock oem Toyota back up camera, thanks for your time!