mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
Archoil, anyone ever use it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ir...e_gdata_player

Anyone ever heard of this or used it? Pretty expensive, sold on amazon
Old 01-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Dea1276 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: GM2
Dea1276's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in this too. Seem like most the info out there relates to diesels.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i may give it a try.
over 95k on the wifes explorer and nearly 60k on the Tacoma...should be a big reduction in friction.

i don't find anything on if you need to redo it and how often...if every oil change, then i am out.

hope there is some "bonding" occurring and no flushing of the product after the next oil change.

thinking also hitting the mtb chain with a few drops.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

found this on their site "AR9100 Nanoborate Friction Modifier to lower fluid system coefficient of friction to 0.037, anti-corrosive and EP agent, maintains engine free of deposits and sludge, improves MPG, lowers operating temperatures, double oil drain cycle and increases HP. 6 oz's treats the average 5 quart oil sump, 1.12 oz per quart. Apply at every oil drain."

that make for one expensive oil change
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #5

ok, got my 16 oz order in today.

changed my oil.....was past due anyways .

put a little over 6oz in with the oil.
i knew i would not tell anything much right off the start.

but i did do a little non scientific sound measuring...
i have a sound level meter that i set on the front of the engine compartment, at the hood release, pointed at engine.

the idle sound level of my warmed up engine was 78db.
as it is running i put the Archoil in and then held at 2000rpm for about 20 seconds. when i went to look at the sound level it showed 75db.

i thought that was a good sign..of course you still hear the obnoxious ticking but quieter.