1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Archoil, anyone ever use it?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mknipp, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jan 17, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    mknipp

mknipp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
  2. Jan 19, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    Dea1276

Dea1276 Active Member

Member:
    Vista CA.
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX/PRO
    OME 885 on 5100s, Dakar springs, b110 5100 rear, LR UCA, Wheeler's superbumps.
    I am interested in this too. Seem like most the info out there relates to diesels.

3. Jan 20, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    i may give it a try.
    over 95k on the wifes explorer and nearly 60k on the Tacoma...should be a big reduction in friction.

i don't find anything on if you need to redo it and how often...if every oil change, then i am out.

hope there is some "bonding" occurring and no flushing of the product after the next oil change.

thinking also hitting the mtb chain with a few drops.

4. Jan 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM
    sockmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    found this on their site "AR9100 Nanoborate Friction Modifier to lower fluid system coefficient of friction to 0.037, anti-corrosive and EP agent, maintains engine free of deposits and sludge, improves MPG, lowers operating temperatures, double oil drain cycle and increases HP. 6 oz's treats the average 5 quart oil sump, 1.12 oz per quart. Apply at every oil drain."

that make for one expensive oil change

5. Jan 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    sockmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    ok, got my 16 oz order in today.

changed my oil.....was past due anyways :eek:.

put a little over 6oz in with the oil.
    i knew i would not tell anything much right off the start.

but i did do a little non scientific sound measuring...
    i have a sound level meter that i set on the front of the engine compartment, at the hood release, pointed at engine.

the idle sound level of my warmed up engine was 78db.
    as it is running i put the Archoil in and then held at 2000rpm for about 20 seconds. when i went to look at the sound level it showed 75db.

i thought that was a good sign..of course you still hear the obnoxious ticking but quieter.

Products Discussed in

To Top