Notices

TRD - Towing Package???

Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
lennyd is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSGT, Imagery Interpreter
lennyd's Tacoma Gallery
TRD - Towing Package???

Good Morning:

I'm new to this forum and I'm a relatively new Tacoma TRD owner (2008). Maybe it's a dumb question, but does the TRD off road pkg mean I automatically have a tow package? Depending upon that answer, how can I tell if I have the towing package, or not? I'm in the process of buying a motorcycle trailer and I don't know if I'm limited to 3500 lbs or if I can go to 6500 lbs. Thanks in advance...please email me at ldalcorn - at - yahoo - dot - com (so I can get any replies on the 'berry)
Old 03-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
TRD does not mean Towing is part of the package; But, I have not seen an '09 TRD that does not have a factory tow package. Dont kow about '08.

Did you get yours new? check your paperwork.

Factory v6 tow package is a class 4 frame mount with big battery 130 amp alternator engine oil cooler auto trans oil cooler
A factory 4 cylinder tow package is not listed in my book. and the 4/2 or 4/4 reg cab can not get it either.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you bought your truck new and it came with a receiver hitch, then you have the towing package.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...take a look at the back and if u have the receiver hitch and the 7-pin hitch wiring, then u've got it...u can also look at the radiator support and see if there are the 2 intercoolers for trans and oil....if u have the hitch, but not the coolers, then u've got a dealer added hitch that doesnt include all the other goodies
Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
lennyd is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSGT, Imagery Interpreter
lennyd's Tacoma Gallery
confirmed

I contacted my dealer and confirmed it does have the tow package. Before I called I did take a look and I do have the receiver and 7 pin plug and the oil cooler so I'm good to go. Thanks much to all responders.

Cheers -

Len
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW btw! Lets see some pics of your new Taco!