LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Looking for tape

Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for tape

I went to an airshow a few months ago, & there was a vendor there selling a type of tape. I was planning on going back the next day, but never made it. I'm trying to locate it.

It is 1 1/2" wide & comes in diff colors. It has the texture (but heavier) of electrical tape. It stretches like electrical tape. Wrapping it around something like a leaky pipe, it can hold up to around 250 psig. It also had a very high temperature rating.

This would be cool on the trail for split coolent hoses & things like that.

Anyone heard of this?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Pure silicon tape; thicker in the middle and feathered to a thin edge away from the center; usually has a line down the middle for an overlap mark; will melt into itself as it is warped and streached.

I am trying to remember whare I saw it just the other day; Petersons 4 wheel mag or or some other mag advertisment. Try going to your local 4-wheel specialty shop or a dedicated crawler shop and ask. try google and just describe it.

i do know that you can get it (red only) from Aircraft Spruce and specialty Co , but you will pay airplane prices for it.