1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for tape

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by rpoint16, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Mar 22, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    I went to an airshow a few months ago, & there was a vendor there selling a type of tape. I was planning on going back the next day, but never made it. I'm trying to locate it.

It is 1 1/2" wide & comes in diff colors. It has the texture (but heavier) of electrical tape. It stretches like electrical tape. Wrapping it around something like a leaky pipe, it can hold up to around 250 psig. It also had a very high temperature rating.

This would be cool on the trail for split coolent hoses & things like that.

Anyone heard of this?

2. Mar 22, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    lasllc

lasllc Wait. . what’s wrong here

Member:
    Southwest RedRocks
    Vehicle:
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport TRD
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    Pure silicon tape; thicker in the middle and feathered to a thin edge away from the center; usually has a line down the middle for an overlap mark; will melt into itself as it is warped and streached.

I am trying to remember whare I saw it just the other day; Petersons 4 wheel mag or or some other mag advertisment. Try going to your local 4-wheel specialty shop or a dedicated crawler shop and ask. try google and just describe it.

i do know that you can get it (red only) from Aircraft Spruce and specialty Co , but you will pay airplane prices for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top