Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Redline Hood Struts

Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
Redline Hood Struts

I'm about to buy this but I see there is 3 different types quick lift, quick lift plus, quick lift elite. What's the difference between the 3?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
smgcon will become famous soon enough
Name: Geoff
smgcon's Tacoma Gallery
Finish on the brackets and cylinders. I bought the polished stainless cylinders.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgcon View Post
Finish on the brackets and cylinders. I bought the polished stainless cylinders.
Is there any difference in the length or how fast they open?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
no difference in speed or length, just finish and warranty. I have the mid-grade personally. love 'em. great little mod.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
just buy the mid range ones.

This product is tits don't understand why Toyota did not do this in the first place.
mid rage are the quick lift or quick lift PLUS?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #10
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just buy the mid range ones.

This product is tits don't understand why Toyota did not do this in the first place.
X2
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
as far as i can tell the difference between the lowest and mid level struts is the finish on the mounts. i got the low end and painted the mounts black. the high end ones look sleek but i think the performance is the same so you have to decide if the look and stainless finish is worth the premium.

whatever you decide Redline makes a pretty sweet product.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #14
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you are short this product helps ten fold that is for damn sure.
Especially with the DB lift! I'm not even short and putting the hood prop up required tippy toes.

I went quick lift plus on a GB we had on the forum. Simple but useful mod.