Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Slipping transmission 2013 tacoma

Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
CaptK2 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Merchant marine
CaptK2's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Slipping transmission 2013 tacoma

My tacoma has 40k , it's a 2013 , for the past few months I've had a slipping issue at slow speeds , usually within the first hour . Sometimes it does it once , than some times five times in a row . But it does not happen all the time . I've kept a log of time , temp outside , engine temp , weather it's wet or dry out side ... The dealer says they can't get it to happen when they drive it ...does any one have any ideas ?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a trasmission shop for diagnosis?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
CaptK2's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

I'm meeting with the Gm , service manager and the Master Mech. On Monday at toyota . I just wanted some feedback...
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Have them keep it overnight and they can try it in the morning.

I've read that some Tacomas have left the factory with as much as 2-3 quarts low on the sealed system. Ask them to check the level of the fluid.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Slipping transmission 2013 tacoma

Dealer

again
Old 01-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
CaptK2's Tacoma Gallery
So let's say the fluid is low , judging by how much junk is loaded on the magnet when they pull the plug , cai I demand new innards ? Under warranty still
Old 01-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptK2 View Post
So let's say the fluid is low , judging by how much junk is loaded on the magnet when they pull the plug , cai I demand new innards ? Under warranty still

Why don't you take it to the dealer and make them deal with it ?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
CaptK2's Tacoma Gallery
It goes to the dealer on Monday , I just wanted to see if there were any ideas from the crowd !
Old 01-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
33yrsoftoys is on a distinguished road
Name: joel
33yrsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptK2 View Post
It goes to the dealer on Monday , I just wanted to see if there were any ideas from the crowd !
Ask the dealer to watch when they first check the fluid level, and after they've topped it off. If it was low MAKE them document it in case you have any trouble later. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
cdn kayaker is on a distinguished road
cdn kayaker's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 V6 DC LB AT

My driveway is steep but not stupidly steep.

10, 219km (+/- 6k miles). 1st service completed at 8269km.

Pulled head long into my driveway an hour ago, put it in park, opened door, took my foot off the brake and then it rolled back about 4 feet.

I stopped the truck from rolling further by jumping back in and hitting the brake. Checked that it was indeed in park.

Anyone else experience this? I will call the dealerhship shortly.