Driver door creaking

Old 01-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
Kid Hauler Trail Rig
Qumodo is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Evan
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
Driver door creaking

My driver side door is creaking sounds like the molding is breaking loose over and over again(this is the best way i can describe it). It is occurring right next to my left ear. Its really irritating. I have already taken it to the dealership and had them replace the window molding and tighten the window motor. I feel like im starting to lose my mind. Has anyone else had this problem?

PS: its a 2013 double cab 4x4
Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Creaking when it's closed? When you're driving?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Lubricate the weatherstripping with some 303
Old 01-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
Kid Hauler Trail Rig

Air Force:
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
yes with it closed while driving. Were can i get some 303?
Old 01-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qumodo View Post
yes with it closed while driving. Were can i get some 303?

I got mine at my local auto supply store

Here is the product

http://www.303products.com/303r-aero...rotectant.html
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
Kid Hauler Trail Rig

Air Force:
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
ill give it a try. thanks. hopefully it makes this annoying a$$ sound go away.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
andrew44 is on a distinguished road
andrew44's Tacoma Gallery
Me to

I've had this problem since day one, two dealers "unable to duplicate customer concern" - one lubed weatherstripping the third claims to have replaced door seals - all the way around and the window track - the piece by my ear..... Noise is still there - I know it sounds minor but it drives me fn crazy....... If anyone finds the solution, please let me know. Love the truck otherwise. It sounds like the window is loose in the frame but it's not...... If they really did replace all that, I don't even know what else to ask them to do.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
Kid Hauler Trail Rig

Air Force:
Qumodo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew44 View Post
I've had this problem since day one, two dealers "unable to duplicate customer concern" - one lubed weatherstripping the third claims to have replaced door seals - all the way around and the window track - the piece by my ear..... Noise is still there - I know it sounds minor but it drives me fn crazy....... If anyone finds the solution, please let me know. Love the truck otherwise. It sounds like the window is loose in the frame but it's not...... If they really did replace all that, I don't even know what else to ask them to do.
Dealer replaced my window molding too. sound is still there. the 303 product seemed to work for me tho. defiantly a fucking annoying sound, i was about to rip the door off.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #10
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does it too, but mostly on hot/dry days. Ive been using Meguiars Ultimate Quick wax and it lasts for 6 months before they start creaking again. I never realized how much the Tacoma cab flexes while driving.

RJM
Old 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
zengineer is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerott
zengineer's Tacoma Gallery
mines done it since day one. 303, wax, non of that shit works. Drives me insane as well.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does this is it drives me friggin' crazy!!

There is a thread on here that talks about a fix....I'll look it up now:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...queak-fix.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-seals-2.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ly-squeak.html