Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Gas overflow problem

Old 01-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
Gas overflow problem

Hello, hoping someone can help with this. For the last two years of owning this truck, every time i fill the gas tank it overflows. Ive dealt with it by putting my ear next to the fill hole while pumping and shutting the pump off when it starts to change pitch. But every once in a while Ill miss it and about a cup of gas will overflow down the fender and onto the ground. The pump shuts off automatically but its always too late. Ive read that it has to do with the EVAP system and possibly the filler neck, but cant find specifically what parts. Does anyone have any experience with this? There are no fault codes. My truck is a 2006 Regular Cab 4x4 with 62751 miles. Thanks!!