Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Filling 2.7L cooling system.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #1
cosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shedcosmicfires is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
cosmicfires's Tacoma Gallery
Filling 2.7L cooling system.

I drained the cooling system on my 2009 4.7L (4 cyl) Regular Cab Tacoma to replace the coolant.

I got about 9 quarts out, I can only get 6+ quarts in. I've run the truck up to operating temperature, the thermostat doesn't open. It doesn't overheat. I drove the front end up a gravel pile to 30 degrees which didn't help.

Advice please.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a flush kit at walmart, costs about $3. Install in the top heater hose by the firewall. Its the highest point so all the air will be easy to get out.