Notices

speedo console lights flickering after hyper tech install with ignition off

Old 02-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
treyfaccone is on a distinguished road
Army: Weapons
treyfaccone's Tacoma Gallery
speedo console lights flickering after hyper tech install with ignition off

gents,

I installed the hyper tech behind my speedo today, i thought everything was fine but i just went to the store and turned off my truck and the speedo lights and rpm needle was pulsing on and off, dim but still pulsing. I tried to disconnect the battery for about 10 mins but it is still doing it while the ignition is off. anyone have this issue or think of a way to trouble shoot it. Im going to reinstall the hyper tech with the neg batt terminal disconnected and see.

Please help if you can.

Thank you
Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
Pakrat has a spectacular aura aboutPakrat has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brian
Pakrat's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a bad ground,it's got to be in the area where you were just working. You had no issues before install of hyper tech?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Exhaust is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Exhaust's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the ground
Old 04-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #4
DirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DirtyDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a write-up on the Hypertech install?? I did a search, but found little info.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
treyfaccone is on a distinguished road
Army: Weapons
treyfaccone's Tacoma Gallery
I think on the hypertech site there is a write up but I think it's an older description so everything isn't exactly how it describes on the instruction but go slow and you should be able to figure it out. A plastic audio installer pry tool is really helpful as well to keep the scratches off the interior plastic.