1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Advice Transmission

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by darkknight, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mar 2, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    darkknight

darkknight [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    My girlfriend has a 2006 tacoma prerunner 4 door. It has 93000 miles. Now typing this it hasnt done it the past two times we drove it but it is still a worry. When you crank the truck up and put it into gear its all normal but when you hit the gas it holds like the parking break is on and then just slams like hell. This only happens on the initial startup. Does not ever do it again under any circumstance. Other than that the truck is perfect. Has never had any other issues. However, she took it to the toyota dealer where she bought it cause her warranty just went out so they said bring it up and well see what we can do. They found her axle seal leaking which to me makes no sense. I have a 2004 tacoma and my axle bearing went out and it was not even close to the symptoms of her truck. They said that she needs a bearing a seal and all that but to me makes no sense. Im a garage mechanic that can do a few things but just need a pointer on what im looking at. Im thinking it is an electrical transmission issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    AKTacoParty

AKTacoParty Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Astoria, OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    885s, Dakars, Bilsteins, Allpro Sliders, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, Wheelers Ubolt flip, super bumps, RCI front skid
    Have you checked trans fluid level? If you don't know how there is a link on how to check it on here. There is no dipstick like most transmissions would have. That would be my first check.

3. Mar 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    darkknight

darkknight [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I have not checked the fluid. I will do that when I get home today.

Products Discussed in

To Top