1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by K08, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mar 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    K08

K08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevan
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    Icon 3" lift, lots more to come...
    Sorry for the long post. Please bare with me...

First post here and I'm looking for some advice with an aftermarket exhaust. Just bought an 08 DC TRD Sport and it came with a magnaflow exhaust on it. Seems louder in the cab than outside the cab. Inside it's almost annoying. It kinda rattles my brain after a while and fatigues my ears. Any how I looked under the truck and saw two black soot spots and felt some air leaking. One spot is right before the muffler and the other is toward the engine where two sections bolt on.

I took it to a local muffler shop that has a great reputation and he said it's all ok. The bolt on location he said was a gasket and that he could replace it but it would just go bad again. He said the leak before the muffler doesn't need to be repaired and that it is all legal. He said he was willing to fix it but he would feel bad taking my money. While I admire that it just doesn't seem right to me.

So my question is, could these leaks be causing the excessive cab noise? Should I get a second opinion?
    Thanks!

2. Mar 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    I'd be more worried about the leaks getting in to the cabin while your A/C is on. Fix the leaks.

3. Mar 25, 2014 at 6:04 AM
    K08

K08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevan
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    Icon 3" lift, lots more to come...
    I agree.
    So I ended up getting a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler that helped greatly with the cab noise. Got the leaks fixed at the same time.

Products Discussed in

To Top