1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Secondary air pump noise

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by AaronK13, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Mar 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    AaronK13

AaronK13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-Road
    So last night, i was installing my new K&N CAI. Almost done and I broke one of the plastic valvues on the K&N tube, so I had to put the stock air box and intake back on. But, i left the secondary airpump relocated to the front where you have to relocate it to let the new heat shiled fit. Now, i hear this weird noise. I know the '12+ models have that smog pump or maybe it is the secondary air pump that make that weird noise when you turn the engine off. I hear it at startup and when i turn it off. It is the same sound as before, just louder and a little "grindier" than normal.

My only though, is that the secondary air pump has to be level....? Right now, it is not 100% level at the new location up front.

Any thoughts?

2. Apr 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    grubburg

grubburg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR MT
    K & N Intake, Gibson Catback (chopped), Weathertech floormats, 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers, Black Rhino Glamis wheels, Kicker Key, Kicker Hideaway, Infiniti Speakers, OV Tune, 888's, 5100s X 4, HS 3-leaf, LR SPC UCAs, Diff Drop, Carrier Bearing Drop, OEM Bed Mat, Morimoto HID low beams, Morimoto LED 2 Stroke High Beams, KC 336 LED bar, KC C3 LED pods for rear, KC LED 6'' SlimLites ditch lights, N-Fab Steps, Auxbeam Interior Blue Lights, 7r41lbr34k3r Shift Knob, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Diode Dynamics SAE Pro Fogs, Cali Raised ditch light brackets, hidden light bar brackets, tailgate light brackets.

Products Discussed in

To Top