Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Problems with differential fluid change

Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I would be too... I would be your back up
Hell yeah man!! Oh this is off topic for this thread but Lents I talked to my dad about the 09 smoked headlights and he said we'll see, all depends on the price
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #22
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. If youre dad gives you the ok..... JUMP all over those HL. (that smiley cracks me up everytime)

My dad needs to be like your dad. My dad has to argue about what im going to do, but sometimes my dad lets me in a matter of 10 min - a day. Depends on how big it is
Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #23
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Nice man. If youre dad gives you the ok..... JUMP all over those HL. (that smiley cracks me up everytime)

My dad needs to be like your dad. My dad has to argue about what im going to do, but sometimes my dad lets me in a matter of 10 min - a day. Depends on how big it is
My Dad can be like your dad when it comes to price stuff for my truck and if he see's it as a pointless thing for my truck... if i pay for the stuff my dads cool with it, sometimes he suggest stuff for me to get for my truck (just for you buddy lol, they make me laugh too)
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
My Dad can be like your dad when it comes to price stuff for my truck and if he see's it as a pointless thing for my truck... if i pay for the stuff my dads cool with it, sometimes he suggest stuff for me to get for my truck (just for you buddy lol, they make me laugh too)
Thats the cool thing when my dad brought home my truck and said that "whatever your going to do with this truck.... If I think its nessecary i will pay half"

My dad will get the mod bug before long. It takes time.

thanks bro
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #25
Quote:
Thats the cool thing when my dad brought home my truck and said that "whatever your going to do with this truck.... If I think its nessecary i will pay half"

My dad will get the mod bug before long. It takes time.

thanks bro
Haha no prob, my dad thinks that everything i put on my truck is making her look better, i wish my dad would pay half...but i cant complain at all nor should i because he bought me my dream truck as a first car, so i should not bitch at payin for my own upgrades, ya know
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
tranny may be sealed....but it still needs the oil to be changed periodically...depending on how you drive/if you tow..etc. the dude is fulla shit that the diff is sealed. the diff oil needs to be changed every 15k to 30k.....again,depending on if you tow/how you drive. just do it man..............and swap over to synthetic.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #27
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha no prob, my dad thinks that everything i put on my truck is making her look better, i wish my dad would pay half...but i cant complain at all nor should i because he bought me my dream truck as a first car, so i should not bitch at payin for my own upgrades, ya know
Yeah man I mean that was pretty nice of him. Who knows he might but a few down for the heck of it. I got to convince him not to get Duelers again though

Uh I got soo much to do when my truck gets to me on April 27th. Spark plugs, diff(might do it this weekend), etc.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
tranny may be sealed....but it still needs the oil to be changed periodically...depending on how you drive/if you tow..etc. the dude is fulla shit that the diff is sealed. the diff oil needs to be changed every 15k to 30k.....again,depending on if you tow/how you drive. just do it man..............and swap over to synthetic.
Will you dont understand, Lents and I did not buy out truck ourselves, our dads payed for them (well for me but i dont know about Lents) and if we do something that they dont want us to do then we will get into some deep shit (atleast for me, not sure how Lents dad is)
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #29
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I was about to tell my dad. But I thought I wouldnt becuase when it comes to cars Im always right
Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Im out Colin. See ya later
Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #31
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will you dont understand, Lents and I did not buy out truck ourselves, our dads payed for them (well for me but i dont know about Lents) and if we do something that they dont want us to do then we will get into some deep shit (atleast for me, not sure how Lents dad is)
no...i do understand.....and lents was looking for a way to convince his dad, and i was letting him know that the dude at the dealership was wrong. i know your dad wont let ya do anything....hence removing the wire for the fog light mod. and thats ok...do what you want with it when its fully yours.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #32
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Being the father of two sons who went through a Ford Ranger, Celica GT, Chevy S-10, Super Charged GrandPrix, full size Chevy truck and a TC. What always drove me crazy and caused all the arguments were the things like how a K&N airfilter would add 15 HP or the CAI that would add 15% more HP. They installed 6 tipped spark plugs that were supposed to increase HP, the only thing it did do was turn on the check engine light. Give the old guys a break, a lot of us did some of the same or stupider things on our cars as a kid. That's where we learned some of this stuff is hype. I argued with my dad over the same things. I just didn't want them to waste their money on crap. Looking back, I should have just told them to go for it. I will bet the guy at the dealer is in fact wrong about the sealed differential. They are not for the most part mechanics, some of them have never turned a wrench. Approach your dad in a non-confrontational manner with the manual, "look pop's, it says here in the manual to change the fluid every 15,000 miles" or whatever, "looks like the guy you talked with was thinking of another model or year." Your dad, my dad, I thought, we were all giving good advise, you might do it too!
Good luck.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Quote:
no...i do understand.....and lents was looking for a way to convince his dad, and i was letting him know that the dude at the dealership was wrong. i know your dad wont let ya do anything....hence removing the wire for the fog light mod. and thats ok...do what you want with it when its fully yours.
ughhh not the foglight mod problem again, soo easy that i couldnt do it lol
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly. My dad wont let me do anything becuase its still his "work" truck. He has to pick up his bosses on occasion.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #35
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope my dad's paing for my truck. I almost couldnt put the TW sticker on my truck haha. after a day he was like ok go ahead. Then did the same for the SCG II and the shorty antenna
Old 03-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #36
Quote:
Nope my dad's paing for my truck. I almost couldnt put the TW sticker on my truck haha. after a day he was like ok go ahead. Then did the same for the SCG II and the shorty antenna
Its funny how one thing leads to another once you get some one mods on your truck your dad will warm up to the idea of modding out your truck
Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #37
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Being the father of two sons who went through a Ford Ranger, Celica GT, Chevy S-10, Super Charged GrandPrix, full size Chevy truck and a TC. What always drove me crazy and caused all the arguments were the things like how a K&N airfilter would add 15 HP or the CAI that would add 15% more HP. They installed 6 tipped spark plugs that were supposed to increase HP, the only thing it did do was turn on the check engine light. Give the old guys a break, a lot of us did some of the same or stupider things on our cars as a kid. That's where we learned some of this stuff is hype. I argued with my dad over the same things. I just didn't want them to waste their money on crap. Looking back, I should have just told them to go for it. I will bet the guy at the dealer is in fact wrong about the sealed differential. They are not for the most part mechanics, some of them have never turned a wrench. Approach your dad in a non-confrontational manner with the manual, "look pop's, it says here in the manual to change the fluid every 15,000 miles" or whatever, "looks like the guy you talked with was thinking of another model or year." Your dad, my dad, I thought, we were all giving good advise, you might do it too!
Good luck.
Thanks fletch That made me feel good about you being in the same postion as my dad and that you took it the same way as my dad.

I told him a few minutes ago. Before he could say anything I told him I would talk to him in the morning.

I thought in my mind "Who would you believe a guy that probbably has never turned a wrench (like what Will said) or your own son with the TW family behind his back and a tutorial telling you that you NEED to change it.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #38
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its funny how one thing leads to another once you get some one mods on your truck your dad will warm up to the idea of modding out your truck
He already has. Hes givin up on the phrase "ok you can put this on the truck, but its the last thing"
Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #39
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Alright Im really out this time Talk later Will, Colin, fletch_aka
Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 PM   #40
Quote:
Alright Im really out this time
Night dude!!!