Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Traction control and abs light on after lift

Old 03-31-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
tfeltz73 is on a distinguished road

tfeltz73's Tacoma Gallery
Traction control and abs light on after lift

I just finished the lift on my truck and must of pulled on of the wires to hard because when I pulled it out of the garage my traction control and abs light came on. I would prefer if I could just get rid of the lights because I don't like either traction control or abs but will the traction control mess anything up when 4 drive is on or should I just try to fix it. I thought I read a thread awhile ago about this but tried to search and couldn't find anything, thanks any info would help.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
Taco Red is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Zach
Taco Red's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar problem. I just finished my lift and after getting it aligned the traction control light stays on. The guy at the shop said it may be some type of sensor and if it was there was nothing they could do about it. Can someone help me out? I'd like for it to work as it did when it was stock if at all possible.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
abcangelo is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Angelo
abcangelo's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck with fixing this issue? Just had an OME suspension sytem installed with some 33's, light/syemtem activates only when taking a turn like coming off a freeway. For example an offramp curving to the left, at or slighty above the posted recommended speed, the light comes on and i get this crazy vibration from the left wheel.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
wobble is on a distinguished road
wobble's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeltz73 View Post
I just finished the lift on my truck and must of pulled on of the wires to hard because when I pulled it out of the garage my traction control and abs light came on. I would prefer if I could just get rid of the lights because I don't like either traction control or abs but will the traction control mess anything up when 4 drive is on or should I just try to fix it. I thought I read a thread awhile ago about this but tried to search and couldn't find anything, thanks any info would help.
It definitely sounds like the wires were pulled and damaged. Pull the wires and check for continuity. If no continuity, repair the wire. If wires on both sides have continuity, it probably ruined the sensor where it attaches to the steering knuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Red View Post
I have a similar problem. I just finished my lift and after getting it aligned the traction control light stays on. The guy at the shop said it may be some type of sensor and if it was there was nothing they could do about it. Can someone help me out? I'd like for it to work as it did when it was stock if at all possible.
As long as the wires haven't been pulled and damaged, you just need to clear the code. Either have a local auto parts shop do it or if you know someone who has the techstream software, they can do it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcangelo View Post
Any luck with fixing this issue? Just had an OME suspension sytem installed with some 33's, light/syemtem activates only when taking a turn like coming off a freeway. For example an offramp curving to the left, at or slighty above the posted recommended speed, the light comes on and i get this crazy vibration from the left wheel.
My buddy had this problem with when he had his 5100 lift. It would come on all the time taking corners. After installing 886x lift, TC UCAs, and front bumper/winch, the problem went away. Not exactly sure why it stopped doing it though. I'm thinking it has to do with better alignment numbers from the UCAs, but I have no evidence to back that up.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #5
Law Enforcement:
Somebody mentioned it was due to larger tires... One suggestion was taking it to the dealer to get it "reflashed" to match the tires to the computer or something like that. I also read a sensor in the steering column I believe, that after getting an alignment that this has to be calibrated dead on... One day when I figure it out I will be sure to post. Or any other suggestions, by all means. The guy that did my lift mentioned its getting harder to do lifts bc of all the electronics that are involved. But I think its minor. I've taken coners on streets pretty quick, but safely, and haven't had this issue. Only happes as I mentioned before, on offramps.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
Cali Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Cali Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone solve this problem yet?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Cali Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Cali Taco's Tacoma Gallery
We'll I solved my problem with the abs. What happened was when I installed my new shocks up front I ended up stretching the abs/speed sensor wire on the drivers side so I soldered some new longer pieces of wires in. The abs code I got from this was 31.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #8
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
It's the yal sensor that is located under the middle consaul. You may have to get toyata to recalibrate it. My truck acts stupid in a corner. I just turn the stupid shit off. Tundras have a big problem with these and the wheel sensors after the front is lifted or leveled.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
Law Enforcement:
I don't know if it's because I changed my driving habits but I haven't encountered this problem lately. But I definitely want to look into that yal sensor.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #10
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
It's the yal sensor that is located under the middle consaul. You may have to get toyata to recalibrate it. My truck acts stupid in a corner. I just turn the stupid shit off. Tundras have a big problem with these and the wheel sensors after the front is lifted or leveled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcangelo View Post
I don't know if it's because I changed my driving habits but I haven't encountered this problem lately. But I definitely want to look into that yal sensor.
It's actually a YAW sensor. It measures Yaw rate/angle on turns. I am guessing that Magnetic just misspelled.